EMIRATES SKYWARDS EXCLUSIVES PROGRAMME RULES
Agreement between you and Emirates
The Skywards Exclusives programme is part of the Emirates Skywards Frequent Flyer Programme (Emirates Skywards) that is run by Emirates. The Emirates Skywards Exclusives website (“Skywards Exclusives Website”) is offered to Emirates Skywards Members conditioned on acceptance by the Member of these terms & conditions. By accessing and using the Skywards Exclusives Website, you have agreed to all such terms & conditions as set out herein.
Modification of Terms
The Emirates Skywards Exclusives programme is governed by the Emirates Skywards Exclusives programme rules “Programme Rules” and the Emirates Skywards Programme Rules. Emirates Skywards reserves the right to change, modify or amend these Programme Rules at any time without advance notice. Changed Programme Rules will become effective once posted on the Skywards Exclusives Website, and will not have any retrospective effect on existing contractual arrangements made through the Skywards Exclusives Website. Your continued use of the Skywards Exclusives Website after any change means you have accepted the changed Programme Rules.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The information published on the Skywards Exclusives Website may be incomplete or include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Emirates Skywards does not represent or warrant that access to the Skywards Exclusives Website will be uninterrupted or that there will be no failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information, or that no viruses will be transmitted on the Skywards Exclusives Website. Emirates Skywards makes no representations about the suitability of the information, products, and services contained on the Skywards Exclusives Website for any purpose. All such information, products, and services are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. Emirates Skywards hereby disclaims all warranties and conditions with regard to the information, products, and services, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
IN NO EVENT SHALL EMIRATES SKYWARDS (OR ANY SUBCONTRACTOR OR THIRD PARTY WHO PROVIDES THE HOSTING PLATFORM FOR THE SKYWARDS EXCLUSIVES WEBSITE) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE SKYWARDS EXCLUSIVES WEBSITE OR WITH THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SKYWARDS EXCLUSIVES WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
NOTHING IN THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL EXCLUDE LIABILITIES NOT PERMITTED TO BE EXCLUDED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTIES’ WEBSITES
The Skywards Exclusives Website may contain links and pointers to Internet sites maintained or operated by third parties. Such links or pointers are provided for your reference only and your use of these sites may be subject to terms and conditions posted on them. We do not operate or control in any respect, any information, products or services on such third-party sites. Third party links and pointers included on the Skywards Exclusives Website do not constitute any endorsement by us and Emirates Skywards does not accept any liability for their content. You assume sole responsibility for use of third party links and pointers.
As a condition of use of the Skywards Exclusives Website, you agree to indemnify Emirates, its employees, agents and representatives (including any subcontractor or third party who provides the hosting platform for the Skywards Exclusives Website) and to hold them harmless from and against any and all liabilities, expenses (including legal fees) and damages arising out of claims resulting from your use of the Skywards Exclusives Website, including without limitation any claims alleging facts that if true would constitute a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
- “Skywards Miles” or “Miles” - means the loyalty currency of the Emirates Skywards loyalty program.
- “Listed Item” or “Redemption Listing” – an Emirates Skywards Member reward that Members can redeem Skywards Miles for. Examples of such rewards can include but not be limited to an experience, a physical item, tickets for an event, etc.
- “Redemption” – a debit transaction of Skywards Miles in which a Member uses Skywards Miles to pay for a Listed Item.
- “Debit of Miles” – the removal of Skywards Miles from a Member’s account in exchange for a Listed Item.
- “Buy Now” – a type of Redemption transaction in which a Member’s Skywards Miles are instantly debited from their account in exchange for a Listed Item.
- “Auction” – a type of Redemption that allows Members the possibility to use his or her Skywards Miles to purchase a Listed Item by bidding on it.
- “Bid” or “Bidding” – the amount of Skywards Miles a member is offering to pay for a Listed Item upon being deemed the winner of an Auction.
- To redeem Miles for Listed Items, you must be an Emirates Skywards Member.
- You are not obligated to enrol in the Emirates Skywards loyalty program in order to access the Site. However, enrolment and agreement to these Programme Rules are required in order to participate in any Auction or Buy Now Redemption Listing.
- Use of the Skywards Exclusives Website is limited to participants aged 18 years and older.
- Individual Listed Items may include further age restrictions based on individual event terms – see individual Listed Item terms & conditions for any associated restrictions.
- The use of the Redemption part of this Site is exclusively for Emirates Skywards Members who have the capacity to enter into legally binding agreements under applicable law.
- Emirates Skywards may (in its sole judgment and discretion) immediately and permanently suspend from all Buy Now and Auction transactions any Member who has repeatedly participated in Auctions with insufficient Skywards Miles in his/her account.
- Emirates Skywards reserves the right to disqualify any participant who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the Skywards Exclusives Website or any Listed Item page or who fails to comply with any of these terms and conditions. Fraudulent activity will result in immediate and permanent suspension of participation in all current and future Emirates Skywards Auction and Buy Now transactions.
- Members must have a sufficient number of Skywards Miles in their Emirates Skywards account to cover the purchase price of the Buy Now Listed Item or the bid amount placed on an Auction Listed Item. Additionally, the Member must have sufficient Miles in their account at the time of winning an Auction item. Additional Miles may be purchased through Emirates Skywards’ Buy Miles program but please note that Miles purchased are subject to all rules and restrictions of the Buy Miles program and Miles purchased may not be immediately available in your account. Please reference emirates.com for complete terms and latest rules and conditions of the Buy Miles program.
- Listed Items are for use by the Member only and cannot be used for commercial or promotional purposes. Members may not sell or transfer or give away in any circumstances or manner whatsoever the Listed Item allocated to the members under the Redemption, even if they are unable to attend or use the Listed Item. Listed Items are non-exchangeable and non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative.
- Except where otherwise required by law, Miles Redemptions are non-refundable, cancellable or transferable.
- The Listed Items include nothing other than that expressly stated to be included as part of the item description. Flights, accommodation, visa requirements and any other incidental expenses are not included.
- The winning bidder or Buy Now Member must comply with all terms and conditions applicable to the relevant Listed Item.
- All Listed Items made available through this Site are being sold "AS IS" without warranties of any kind, express, implied or statutory, unless expressly stated in the item description.
- Emirates reserves the right to modify or vary the Listed Item and/or these terms at any time. Listed item details and pricing are subject to change or cancellation without notice. Other restrictions may apply. Emirates reserves the right to substitute items of equal or greater value. Emirates also reserves the right to reverse a purchase of a Listed Item without notice and to credit the Skywards Miles used for such purchase back to the Member’s account.
- Emirates will not be liable to perform any of its obligations under these Terms where it is unable to do so as a result of circumstances beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- By participating in a List Item Redemption via this Site, you confirm that you are not breaching any laws in your country of residence regarding the legality of participating in such Redemption. Emirates Skywards, its affiliates and the Listed Item provider will not be held responsible if you enter into a Redemption unlawfully. If in any doubt you should check with the relevant authorities in your country of residence.
- If you have completed a Buy Now purchase, the number of Miles equal to the Buy Now purchase price will be deducted automatically from your Emirates Skywards account. You will be notified of your successful Redemption and next steps via email.
- Listed Items offered for Buy Now instant Redemption are limited in quantity, and are subject to availability.
- Some Listed Items that are not currently available may offer a waitlist option. Members on the waitlist will be ranked chronologically in order based upon the time of such Member’s waitlist request. Such times will be determined solely by Emirates Skywards. Should availability arise, waitlisted Members will be contacted via email requiring the Member to confirm interest in buying the applicable Listed Item and to complete such Redemption within a limited amount of time. If such purchase is not completed within the required time, the Member will forfeit the opportunity to purchase the Listed Item, and it will be offered to the next Member on the waitlist. Waitlisted Members are not guaranteed the ability to purchase any Listed Item.
- Once a Bid is submitted it cannot be withdrawn or lowered; all Bids are final.
- If a Bid is placed during the last sixty seconds of any Auction, the scheduled closing time thereof will be automatically extended for an additional sixty seconds from the time of the last bid. This process will repeat as many times as necessary. The Auction bidding process will close once all activity has stopped for a period of sixty seconds.
- The final Bid will be determined by Emirates Skywards or its designee in its sole discretion based upon the highest Bid received prior to the final closing time of such Auction. Emirates Skywards reserves the right to declare the final bidder or cancel the Auction if unusual circumstances occur.
- In the event that two Members each Bid an equal number of Skywards Miles for the same package, and no other Member has entered a higher bid, the Bid submitted first in time will be considered the winning Bid.
- In the event that no Bids have been submitted in an Auction at the scheduled time of closing, Emirates Skywards reserves the right to either cancel the Listed Item or to re-launch the Auction with a new close date/time and to adjust the opening Bid from the initial Auction.
- Emirates Skywards and its affiliates are not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, computer or technical failure, or incorrect or inaccurate bidding information howsoever caused or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. All Bids are final regardless of technical difficulties posed by any technical error, whether human, mechanical or electronic.
- If you are the winning bidder for an Auction, upon Auction close, the number of Skywards Miles equal to the amount of your winning Bid will be deducted automatically from your Emirates Skywards account. You will receive notification of your winning Bid, the Miles debit from your account and next steps via email.
- For Auctions where you can place a maximum Bid, the system will place bidding iterations on your behalf until your maximum Bid is reached. If you have placed a maximum Bid (higher than the required minimum Bid), the system will automatically increase the Bid on your behalf, using only as much of your maximum Bid as is required to keep you in the winning position. The maximum Bid is the highest price in Skywards Miles you are willing to pay for the Listed Item. If at the conclusion of the Auction not all of your maximum Bid was necessary to win the Auction, your final Bid will only be the amount of Skywards Miles necessary to be the highest bidder and this amount will be automatically debited from your Emirates Skywards account.
- Multiple quantities of the same Listed Item may be available in the same Auction, however you may only Bid for one item in a given Auction.
- In a multi-winner auction, the winning bidders will pay the lowest of the winning bid amounts. For example, if there are two identical packages listed in a single auction and the final highest two bids are 10,000 Skywards Miles and 12,000 Skywards Miles then both winners will only pay 10,000 Skywards Miles.
- In the event that a winning bidder is disqualified because he/she did not have sufficient Skywards Miles in his/her account at the time of auction close or a successful bidder is disqualified from the auction due to fraudulent activity, Emirates Skywards reserves the right to proceed with any of the following options, in its sole discretion:
- Contact the winning bidder via email, inform the bidder that he/she exceeded the mileage balance in his/her account, and allow the individual 24 hours to purchase or transfer additional Miles to sufficiently cover the winning bid amount. The individual will be advised that future occurrences may result in permanent suspension from participating in listed items on this Site.
- Contact the next-highest bidder via email and offer the experience for their highest bid or a comparable amount determined solely by Emirates Skywards, with a deadline to respond. If response deadline is not met, the process will be repeated with the next-highest bidder in line.
- Contact all non-winning bidders of an auction via email and offer the experience for a pre-determined amount based on first-come, first-serve basis for whoever is first to respond with their acceptance.
- Re-launch the auction with a new close date/time and to adjust the opening bid from the initial auction.
- Cancel the experience entirely.
For Listed Items containing air travel, please note the following:
Please ensure you have a passport valid for the duration of your trip. (Some destinations require your passport be valid for a certain length of time; in general, 6 months after completion of travel). You may also be required to obtain a visa for some destinations and it is your responsibility to do so.
When making a booking you must ensure that your name (and the name of any person(s) for whom you are making a booking) matches exactly the name as it appears in your (or the person(s) for whom you are making the booking’s) passport.
If you require any further information on passport or visa requirements, please contact one of our local offices or the embassy of the country to which you will be traveling.
A failure to travel with the correct documentation could result in the passenger being refused travel, entry to the country of their destination or stop-over, deportation or incarceration and in such circumstance(s) you will be solely responsible for any cost, loss or damage which you or we (or our agents or servants) incur.
Some airports will levy an airport departure tax, which is payable by passengers at the airport locally. Information on these charges is not given through our quoted fares and is your sole responsibility.
Immunization may be recommended or required for your destination or stopover points - please check this with your doctor. We recommend the purchase of adequate travel insurance for all overseas travel.
Conditions of Carriage
The carriage of passengers and their baggage by air will be subject to the Conditions of Carriage of the carrier concerned.